- Transforming lives through music
- To transform and inspire lives through high quality music and cultural engagement.
We provide high quality musical and cultural opportunities We evaluate provision to plan for excellence
We support children, young people and staff to achieve their potential We expect high standards from our children, young people and ourselves
We inspire children and young people to develop a life-long enjoyment of music We promote the positive and enjoyable aspects of musical and cultural engagement
We work collaboratively with partners for mutual benefit We support partner organisations to achieve their goals
We are open, honest and effective in our communications We listen to our customers and actively seek feedback
We take ownership of our responsibilities We ensure best value for our services and clients
Portsmouth Music Hub aims to:
- Provide high quality, inspirational music education for children, young people and learners in and around the diverse Portsmouth community.
- Reach all sectors of children and young people, including the hard to reach and those in challenging circumstances, enriching their lives through exciting music and cultural activities.
- Offer opportunities for all children and young people to sing and play a musical instrument.
- Build sustainable progressive pathways and nurture musical talent encouraging children and young people to access and participate in an exciting range of targeted musical and cultural learning programmes.
- Promote innovation, creativity and originality in musical and cultural activities.
- Support all children and young people to achieve their potential through music and cultural engagement.
- Provide opportunities for musical excellence to flourish through maximising the potential of collaborative working with diverse partner organisations.
- Reflect the musical diversity of Portsmouth’s community.
- Celebrate the musical and cultural achievement of children and young people across the city.
- Engage with all schools and partners, supporting them to deliver the Schools' Music Education Plan.