- To provide high quality music education and support for children, young people and learners in and around the diverse Portsmouth community.
- To inspire all young people to sing and play a musical instrument, developing their talent through progressive performance pathways.
- To promote high achievement through diverse partnerships.
- To transform lives through music and cultural engagement.
- To reach all sectors of children and young people, including the hard to reach and those in challenging circumstances, inspiring and enriching their lives through music and cultural activities.
- To promote innovation, creativity and achievement in musical and cultural activities, supporting all children and young people to achieve their potential.
- To provide opportunities for musical excellence to flourish through maximising the potential of collaborative working with partner organisations.
- To build sustainable pathways to nurture musical talent encouraging children and young people to access and participate in a range of targeted musical and cultural learning programmes.
- To reflect the musical diversity of Portsmouth’s community and to celebrate musical and cultural achievement for children and young people across the city.
- To work with all schools and strategic partners to deliver the Schools Music Education Plan.